News from North Carolina

News from North Carolina

Monday, August 25, 2014

When the winds of adversity come remember one thing--kites fly the very highest against the wind! Kites don't fly in spite of opposition, kites fly because of opposition. In fact, they couldn't fly without opposition! John Bytheway

So I am pretty sure this week was the hottest and most humid so far!  Of coarse, the elders had the car...  I am sure the poor people opening their door were staring at us like we were crazy cause we were dripping sweat like crazy… yep good first impression!  haha.  We even changed for dinner to try and look less crazy, but that did not work cause as soon as you walked outside, you were wet again.  But it makes you appreciate being indoor with air conditioning!
This week, a sweet sister in our ward introduced us to her friend Heather.  So we all went out to lunch and had a great conversation about the church.  My favorite part was how all the members who live up there by Heather and Sister Bellows knew about it and were all talking about fellowshipping her further!  Also, the ward has been doing fantastic with fellowshipping Amy and Grayson!  We were trying to get an appointment with her and she was like, not on Wednesday, I am having dinner with the Lindsays, on Thursday- Sister Hardy (relief society president) is coming over, on Friday my visiting teachers are coming over, etc etc.!  We had to set up an appointment for Tuesday!  Yay for the ward!  Summerfield really is a great ward!
So funny moment of the week.  I ran into a mailbox.  Okay, so it was really more of an epic sideways fall... But It was at the top of a really steep hill and I was pedaling, but pretty much going no where at that point since I had used up all my gears.  I like to think that I hit something in the road, but in any case, I just toppled over into the mailbox.  Luckily I didn't manage to hurt it or anything but I am sure it looked pretty comical! J
Anyway, I hope y’all are having a great week!  (free of mailbox-crashes!)
Love ya!

Sister A. Morris

Keaton i caught a baby frog for you!

a random turtle in the middle of the road...

going to church

quick take the picture it is getting away!

No comments:

Post a Comment