News from North Carolina

News from North Carolina

Monday, June 22, 2015

Let the decisions you make today, be the choices you can live with tomorrow!

Monday, we got some free tickets and went to an aquarium!  It was really neat and is actually in a mall!  So not super big or anything but lots of fun! :)  seriously, that mall is huge!  It has just about every store you can think of plus some!  You would get foot sore walking from one end to the other!
The peppermint shrimp eat dead skin!  
So kind of like a manicure going on here!
yes...This is indeed a purple and pink house.
In the historic 
district of mt pleasant.... 
It has also been super hot this week!  Over 100 most days!  And it still throws me off that the heat of the day is at 5:00 instead of at noon!  Doesn't really give it much chance to cool down in the evening unfortunately....

As we were driving down the road this week, Sister Steimle was driving and there was a fruit fly in the car.  And she was just freaking out about how it was in her way and how annoying it was and she couldn't see so she started shooing it over to my side of the car so I could smash it.  About 30 seconds later, we get a text from the elders asking if we had managed to kill the bug.  Yep.  I can just imagine how ridiculous we looked and the elders were there for it...yes I did kill the bug.  RIP fruit fly!
Also this week, we went to see a former investigator and offered to help her move.  When we and the elders got there, we ended up helping her hook a trailer up to the truck and that is it.  The rest of the time, she was asking us questions like "I want to learn more, what do I do?"  And "I read the pamphlet, how do I get a hold of a Book of Mormon?"  That doesn't happen everyday!  But she is really sweet and just devoured the restoration!  She loves the story of Joseph Smith and feels like her story is similar.  The only problem is she has post traumatic stress from an abusive relationship and because of that hasn't left her house in years.  It is a miracle she is even okay with them moving (they are moving to an adjacent piece of property).  She is super willing to change though!  She also showed us their farm... they have pigs, ducks, a pony, a donkey, a bunch of chickens, and dogs!  They also have a pond on their new property that has a lot of fish in it!
This week in relief society, we had a great lesson about the Book of Mormon and how we want to spread it everywhere!  Carla (investigator who has read about seven chapters of the Book of Mormon) immediately took to the challenge of giving out a copy of the Book of Mormon this week!  I love it when people get so excited about the Book of Mormon and want to share it!
Hope y’all have a wonderful week and get the chance to share the Book of Mormon with someone!
Sure love y’all!

Sister Morris

lots of fish!  Sister Johnson and Sister Buckner went with us!

LOOK!  I found Dori!!

we teach all nations and creatures about the plan of redemption

oh look!  She has a treat in that bag for me!

uh excuse me!  You can't leave!  You didn't give me my treat!!

maybe if I lick her face she will give me a treat!

 we found the cowboy church!!!

district picture!

We rescued an injured bird!  Out friends the travises said if we
caught it they would nurse it back to health!

No comments:

Post a Comment