News from North Carolina

News from North Carolina

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Little progress can be made by merely attempting to repress what is evil; our great hope lies in developing what is good. Calvin Coolidge

Last Monday, we did an activity at the church with the Kannapolis missionaries and the concord elders.  In an attempt to distract Sister Grace from the pain she's in (the doctors are trying to figure out what is wrong) we did some minute to win it games and it was hilarious!  Especially the one where we were trying to thread a dry spaghetti noodle through the top of a soda can and each companion would have one end in their mouth and have to carry it across the gym. It was intense!  :)
So I totally knocked down all the cups in one try! Win :-)


This one was where Sister Lawin threw ping pong balls 
and tried to make them stick in the peanut butter..

careful!

Sister Grace and Sister Steimle...this should be fun!

This week, we had a chance to go on exchanges with the Matthews sisters and I had so much fun in Matthews!  I was there with Sister Rasmussen and we had a ton to talk about because she was a companion with Sister Shepherd in Lakefield right after I left!  So we spent a ton of time comparing Sister Shepherd stories and catching up on events in Lakefield.  She is so much fun and it made me laugh because she kept doing or saying things that I knew she had picked up from Sister Shepherd.  We biked all over Matthews having a great time and making fun of each other's sweaty hair and whatnot :)  We even got some great pictures!  (Probably it would have been better to do them at the beginning of the exchange…oh well!).
 Sister Rasmussen and I on exchanges!

We had our last district meeting of the transfer, where did the time go?? We went out to eat together afterwards and then realized we were in the parking lot where Carla works!  We ended up stopping by to see her and give her some food, since she forgets to eat.  I think she ate half the bag of nuts we had given her in five minutes flat!
We had an opportunity to go on exchanges with the Spanish sisters as well and it was a lot of fun!  Sister Luna came here with me and at one point, we were walking back to our car when a Mexican man in a truck slowed down and stopped, looking at us.  So we went to talk to him and I had no clue what they were saying!  And then he turns to me and says something in Spanish and I was like, "sorry, I don't speak Spanish!"  Turns out he speaks English too and he proceeds to tell me he has some magazines that will help me.  Haha, yep, Jehovah's Witness!  He gave us some lovely pamplets and we went on our merry way.  Sister Steimle got a laugh out of it when she saw them in the recycle bin!  But it was really interesting because as she pulled them out and was showing me some of the pictures—they are so depressing!  When we put it side by side with some of our literature, it was a huge difference!  I know what church I want to be part of!
Funny moment of the week, we were over at our ward mission leaders home for dinner and Sister Steimle tried to pour some more water.  Only, she totally missed the cup and poured it all over the table!  Haha, guess that jug was a little heavy for her…she is probably never going to live that one down!  I can imagine the Watsons years from now talking about the Sister who spilled water all over their table because she wasn't strong enough to hold it :)
         Also this week, we pulled up to go see a less active member and saw an older man outside on his porch.  So we walk over to talk to him and as we got closer, his music got louder.  He was listening to opera music!  And he loves his music!  Every Time we would try to talk about the gospel, he would bring the topic back to his music.  Yeah we eventually just gave up!  I really do love the south, even the people who talk without breathing!  I appreciate those who are willing to listen and who feel the spirit!  I love sharing the gospel!
Hope y’all have a miracle filled week!
Sister Morris


Some of us got caught at a bad angle!

Our District


No comments:

Post a Comment