News from North Carolina

News from North Carolina

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"Pure Christlike love flowing from true righteousness can change the world." Holland

So it has been a great week!  Really hot though!  It is definitely getting hotter!  It needs to rain so that it cools down! Anyway, we have the cutest little family of Canadian geese living in the pond outside our back door!  The little baby one is so cute!  And there is a ton of other wild life here!  (Though a lot of what we see is road kill...yum).  But we almost hit three deer the other day!  It was crazy that they were going across the road right there!  Maybe they were going to go shopping...
The frogs drive Sister Perea crazy at night!  She keeps talking about putting bleach in the pond... Actually, they are kind of annoying...I didn't know frogs sounded like that!  They sound like little dogs yapping...Seriously, the first time I heard them I was like, is there a dog outside our apartment??
Anyway, sorry I haven't been sending any pictures, but I don't have any way to get them from my camera to my i-pad right now.  And we just figured out about two weeks ago that we are not supposed to use our i-pads for pictures and that we never actually were supposed to...only no one knew that...
So crazy moment of the week...One of our new investigators (an older gentleman) texted us and asked Sister Perea to go on a motorcycle ride with him...And was way offended when she wouldn’t!  We handed him over to the elders ASAP!  And then he called us, but we missed it...So Sister Perea made me call him back because she did Not want to talk to him...Not that I wanted to either!  Good thing he didn't answer!
Also this week, we went street contacting in Battleground park with the elders and Elder Lindsay nearly stepped on a snake.  And then he did step on a lizard.  And then he kicked a snake! (which totally scared me because I was right behind him and that snake was NOT happy!)  Yeah, I did not walk behind him after that!!
Anyway, I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Love, Sister A. Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment