News from North Carolina

News from North Carolina

Monday, June 9, 2014

"I pray because I can't help myself....I pray because the need flows out of me all the time.... It doesn't change God, It changes me." CS Lewis

     So this week, sweet sister Freeman (relief society president and organist\pianist for the ward) asked me if I would play the piano as prelude in sacrament meeting.  She was hoping that people would be more reverent, plus it would give her more time to make it to the old folks home and get her brother and sister-in-law ready for church. (so funny story there...She is the only member of her family and her brother and Sister-in-law used to hand out anti-mormon literature... and now they come to church every week and love it!  If people would just try it out!!  Seriously!)  Anyway, I am up there playing prelude and just started laughing because I can see Sister Perea being accused of scaring me off (her last companion gave up and went home when she got sick).  And then Sister Perea kept energetically pointing at me playing the piano... Hehe.  it was really funny because everyone was giving her a hard time!
     Also on Sunday, Sister Wilcoxen (aka Mrs Wilcoxen who teaches at North Layton Jr High and had Josie and Keaton in her classes) came up and gave me a hug.  She was really sweet! :)  So today, we had Sister Bridges take us shopping (we don't have the car) and we saw Sister Meads and Sister Bywater there.  So they wished me happy birthday and Sister Bridges got all offended that I hadn't told her it was my birthday.  So she took us to a really expensive cupcake shop and got us cupcakes for everyone who was going to be meeting us for lunch.  They were really good!  I got one that had strawberries on top and strawberries inside...  Sister Bridges is our favorite though because she is always willing to take us anywhere! (she has taken us to Charlotte and hung out for our 6 hour meeting and then taken us home again and she takes us shopping a lot).
     Also this week, we had a really great finding experience.  So since Sister Perea has been here for so long, she has pretty much knocked on every door.  So as we were walking along, I was praying and asked God to have whoever we were supposed to talk to be outside and I promised I would talk to whoever it was.  So we are walking along and I see a lady sweeping out her garage and I was like, "we need to go talk to her."  And sister Perea was like, "no.  we already have knocked on her door.  She is baptist and not interested."  But we had stopped walking (we were hidden by a bush).  And she was like, "well, if you want to go back, we can."  So we went back and talked to her about forever families and we have an appointment with them on tuesday!  God listens to prayers!
Anyway, I hope yall are having a great week!
Sister Morris

Us with Sister Lawrence.
She is super amazing and lots of fun!
She feeds us a lot and goes out teaching with us as well....


No comments:

Post a Comment